Friday, April 27, 2018

1 Chronicles 29:16-17 (KJV) Deliver to God What is God’s

1 Chronicles 29:16-17 (KJV)
O LORD our God, all this store that we have prepared to build thee an house for thine holy name cometh of thine hand, and is all thine own.I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee.
One of my summer jobs in high school was driving a wheat truck. I worked for a custom farmer by the name of Turk Ely. Custom meant that he farmed his own land and then hired out to harvest the wheat fields of dozens of other farmers. It meant Turk had the finest equipment. It also meant that our wheat harvest extended weeks longer than many of the other crews.
During harvest I was assigned my own truck. It was mine to keep filled with fuel, oiled, cleaned and lubed and in proper running order. I kept my own things in it. I claimed it as my own throughout the harvest season. Even Turk would refer to it as my truck. It was mine.
Day by day, many times a day, I would position my empty truck where needed and the combines would fill my truck with precious wheat. I would then drive that wheat to an elevator where each load was tested, weighed, dumped and recorded in the name of the owner of that field.
Wait! What! Not in my name?
  • It had been put in my truck
  • It had been delivered by my hard work and long hours
But it wasn’t mine. I was only the steward of that wheat. It was given to me for one purpose alone; that I would faithfully deliver it to the elevator and record it in the name of the owner.
And my truck? Come the end of the season I parked it in one of Turk’s barns. It too was only mine to steward for a time.
This is exactly how David viewed all that was his. It wasn’t his at all. It belonged to God. What he gave to God was God’s in the first place. Like my giving the truck back at the end of harvest, an act I did cheerfully because I knew all along it was really Turk’s, David gave abundantly and cheerfully to God because he always knew what he had was God’s.
At the end of harvest Turk rewarded me with a handsome paycheck. It was mine for using his equipment to do his work and deliver his wheat into his barns.
What rewards await the Christians who have faithfully used what is God’s to deliver to God what is God’s!

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4200 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

1 Chronicles 29:16-17 (KJV) Deliver to God What is God’s

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment