Friday, August 03, 2018

Psalms 35:3 (KJV) True Assurance

Psalms 35:3 (KJV)
Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Over the years since my salvation I have seen a number of things offered to provide assurance of salvation. One well-known soul winner instructs in his soul winning class to “give them assurance.” Interestingly, in soul winning he never assumes a soul to be saved and, if he can lead them to pray, he will, even if they have done so before. He figures, I think, that if the previous soul winner failed to give assurance he failed to lead them to Christ.
Baptism is presented in the Word of God as “an answer of a good conscience.”[1] In other words, it may serve to provide assurance. I think also that, in many respects, the book of 1st John might be viewed as instructions for assurance.

Some people have a false assurance.

They are merely confident in the flesh. They see themselves as good and cannot imagine God ever condemning them.

I am convinced that the truly saved are sure of their salvation. I have come to believe the only reliable assurance of salvation is the witness of God’s Spirit with our spirit.
And that is the prayer of the Psalmist.
  • In the midst of all his pain 
  • In his prayers for deliverance and help 
he cries unto God this plea, “say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.” Regardless how God answers our other prayers, if we have an answer for this one, we are safe.
[1]1 Peter 3:21 (KJV)
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4300 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Psalms 35:3 (KJV) True Assurance

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment