Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Make Haste

Song of Solomon 8:14 KJV
Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.
Once again I am using this book of the Bible in the context that is most accepted among the believers; that it is a metaphor for Christ and His church.

In that context it is the bride, the church, that cries out this last plea, "Make haste, my beloved...."

And that is the prayer and cry of my heart today; that Jesus Christ would make haste

Make haste that the companions hearken to thy voice
Make haste that I hear of it and
Make haste to come again


The hope of the Christian is not that we will have a world revival and not that our governments will become better. The hope of the Christian is not for the right man to be elected this fall. The hope of the Christian is for Jesus Christ to come again.

Until that day we are to work for the Lord and
Until that day we are to watch for the Lord


But that day is the day of hope for the saint of God.

Make haste, my beloved Jesus. Make haste and come for us. Make haste and take us to Your heaven. Make haste and come quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment