Sunday, July 24, 2011

Who Knows the Heart?

Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The next verse answers the question as the Lord searches the heart and tries the reins.

God knows the heart. And it is to God we must appeal.

Though He sees all that is in our hearts His nature is that of mercy. If we will but seek His grace, which is Jesus Christ and if we will but trust in Christ, the God who knows our hearts will be gracious and merciful.

The prophet knew that judgment was coming. But he affirmed his appeal to be spared in
Jeremiah 17:16-18 KJV
As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee.
Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil.
Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

We may do the same so long as we trust in the mercy of the Lord and not in our own works.

No comments:

Post a Comment