Hebrews 10:1 KJV
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Some people live their whole lives hoping for spiritual shadows to be their salvation. They recognize some supernatural characteristic. They know something is beyond the mere animal existence of humanity.
- Some dabble in some sort of other worldliness
- Some practice a type of metaphysical spirituality
- Some involve themselves in an eastern mystical religion
- Still others practice a type of Christianity not unlike the Jews of Jesus' day who had all the form of godliness but had none of the power of God
Countless numbers practice Christianity without Christ.
- They see the shadows of what God has promised
- They watch the motions of something that is to them unknowable
- They hear the voices of the prophets
But seeing, they are blind and hearing, they have a deaf ear to the message of God.
The Good News of the New Testament is that God has offered us far more than shadows and figures. He has come in Person and we may touch Him, see Him and hear His Word personally through Jesus Christ.