Sunday, March 22, 2015

No Other Savior is Sufficient

Exodus 32:30-33 KJV
And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Though Moses was initially angry when he saw what the people had done, his heart was tender for these souls. He knew that their sin had separated between them and God and that an atonement had to be made. Amazingly Moses offered himself as that atonement. As great a man as Moses was and even though God had called him, Moses was not sufficient as an atonement. God told him to go finish what God had called him to do.

Our love for others is not that thing they need the most. What they need is for us to faithfully do what God has appointed us to do and to lead them to a place where they can meet the only one who is in fact a sufficient atonement.


If you love others obey the Lord, keep His Word and lead souls to the place God has for them, near the cross of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment