Friday, December 11, 2015

John 12:26 (KJV) Real Servanthood

John 12:26 (KJV)
If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. 
There are three connected thoughts concerning servanthood in this verse:
Serving Christ is following ChristIt is not doing as you will and calling it the service of God. It is not improving on what Christ has called us commanded us and instructed us to do. It is not changing His Word or updating His commission. Following Christ is simply doing as Christ teaches in the Bible.
Serving Christ is being with ChristThere is an implication and a promise in this verse. The implication is that, as we are following Christ, we will naturally be wherever Christ is. Christians will be in church because that is where Christ is. (I know that modern believers, so-called, say that Christ would be in the bars and skid rows and dark places of the earth, ministering to the down and out there. I do not deny that need but simply say that the Bible teaches Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it. He commands us not to neglect it. He therefore does not neglect it Himself. He is at church.
The promise is that, whenever we follow Christ He is there. He promises that as we obey the great commission He is with us always. He promises, “I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”
Serving Christ brings the blessing of God“…him will my Father honor.” Everyone wants to hear the Father say, “Well done.” This is how it happens:
  • Serve the Lord
  • Follow Him and 
  • Be where He is
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.


If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

John 12:26 (KJV) Real Servanthood

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment