Monday, June 13, 2016

Psalms 57:1 (KJV) They Will Pass

Psalms 57:1 (KJV)
To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave. Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
The superscript of this Psalm tells us that it was written by David while he hiding in a cave from King Saul.
I imagine David in this difficult situation, pulling out writing tools. He has followers with him, probably not all of them or else it would be difficult if not impossible to hide, but some, no doubt, were there. They are probably being very still and very quiet. They are also probably very alert. But David’s mind was on God. His was more than an “O God help me.” Sort of thing, he was focused clearly enough to compose his thought, hear from God (he is penning words inspired if God) and record them in such a way as to preserve them.
And in the midst of all this he records assuredly that “these calamities” will at some point be “overpast.”
One of the great confidences of the person who trusts God is that calamities pass. God upholds and sustains His own until their calamities be overpast. They will not last forever and God will be with us in the middle of them.
  • Trust God 
  • Take heart 
  • Keep pressing on in faith.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 57:1 (KJV) They Will Pass

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free

No comments:

Post a Comment