Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Revelation 10:3-4 (KJV) Content With God’s Revelation

Revelation 10:3-4 (KJV)
And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
I find a bit of irony that from the Book of the Revelation originates a mystery. John heard something that we cannot know. One commentary says it is useless to try to guess what the seven thunders are and, worse than that, to try to guess what John was forbidden to record.
Every once in a while I find myself in a position where I hold a piece of information I am not at liberty to speak about. Sometimes a person will learn that this is the case but is not content to drop the matter. It is as if they cannot rest until they know the thing they are not supposed to know. They refuse conversation with me unless that conversation concerns the thing they are not to know.
The submissive and humble believer can be content in what God has revealed. He is surrendered to the fact that there are things he is not to ask. He accepts that some things are to be revealed to us only in the eternal world. This believer digs into the Word of God rejoicing in the treasures he is able to uncover. He doesn’t fixate on what cannot be known. He occupies himself with what can be known.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Revelation 10:3-4 (KJV) Content With God’s Revelation

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment