Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Daniel 12:2 (KJV) Wrestling with the Resurrection

Daniel 12:2 (KJV)

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

 

The doctrines concerning the resurrection can be confusing. I don't believe any of us can claim to have an exclusive handle on it. I think of the Jews prior to the birth of Christ. They had the Old Testament, but they could not fully perceive that the Old Testament pointed to Christ. While the New Testament sheds light on many, if not most, of the mysteries of the Old Testament, there are still unresolved aspects:

·       We do not know the day or the hour of the Lord's return.

·       We do not precisely know the lineage or the background of the man of sin.

·       We see several possibilities for the timing of the rapture.

·       We see at least two, and I believe there are more, resurrection events.

 

While I hold very strong convictions, such as the pre-tribulation timing of the rapture, I believe the wisest course is to be gracious with those who hold a different point of view. I don't think differing viewpoints necessarily need to coexist within the same church, but nor do I believe I must be an enemy to those who belong to a different church. I think that's why God provides for local congregations rather than the universal church position some hold.

 


Regarding the resurrection, we have an outline of the different events in,

1 Corinthians 15:22-26 (KJV)

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

 

·       There was a resurrection in Jerusalem that took place at the moment of Christ's crucifixion.

·       There is a resurrection of those that sleep in Christ just previous to[1] the Great Tribulation.[2]

·       There is resurrection of the unjust to stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgment.

 

I believe the faithful Jews who have died[3] will be resurrected just before the Millennial Kingdom of Christ. And I believe that is what is prophesied in this verse.

 

#ResurrectionMysteries #EndTimesDoctrine #RaptureTiming #ResurrectionEvents #GraciousDebate

Wrestling with the Resurrection: Insights and Considerations



[1] And at the moment of the rapture.

[2] 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

[3] Such as David.


To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Daniel 12:2 (KJV) Wrestling with the Resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment