Thursday, April 04, 2024

John 16:12 (KJV) Unfolding Truths


John 16:12 (KJV)

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

 

The easiest way to apply this passage is personally. There were still doctrines, truths, and matters of the church to be revealed, but they were not ready for them. The human mind can receive only so much at a time. They had spent 3 1/2 years of very intense training. They were about to experience the loss of Jesus Christ through His death and burial. The resurrection would be such a shock and of such magnitude that it would be overwhelming.

 

Sometimes the mind simply needs to absorb what it has already received before it can receive more. I believe this happens to us as we grow in faith and read the Word of God. Over the years of my faith, I've read the Bible cover to cover well over 40 times—more like 100. Yet with each new reading, I still see things I had never seen before. I take it that God knew I could not receive it in previous readings. I don't let myself get frustrated that I can't comprehend a particular passage. I just accept that God is not yet ready to reveal it to me.

 

But in the case of this passage, a more primary application belongs to the Apostles themselves. There were specific things Jesus left for the Holy Spirit to reveal to these men, who would be responsible to complete the written revelation of God.[1]

 

"All truth."

·       Matters of church doctrine, polity, the qualifications of preachers,

·       Doctrines of sanctification and justification

·       Personal righteousness

·       The unity of the body of Christ composed of Jews and Gentiles

·       Warnings of apostates of the faith

 

And the revelation of “things to come.”

·       The pre-tribulational rapture of the saints of God

·       Details of the seven-year tribulation period

·       Clarifications involving the Millennial Kingdom

·       Our future hope of heaven and of 

·       Jesus' place in glory

 

The Old Testament spoke of many of these things in the forms of mystery. The apostles would, after Jesus' resurrection and ascension into heaven, be guided by the Spirit of Truth to uncover these mysteries.

 

We call that the New Testament Epistles.[2]

 

#DivineRevelation #GrowthInFaith #SpiritualUnderstanding #DivineGuidance #RevealedTruths

Unfolding Truths: The Holy Spirit and the Apostles



[1] 2 Peter 1:21 (KJV)

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

[2] The book of Romans gives us the doctrines concerning salvation. The book of Ephesians gives us the doctrines concerning the church. 1 and 2 Corinthians gives us doctrines concerning sanctification. Galatians and James address grave vs works. 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus deal with the pastor and church polity. Hebrews deals with Christ vs religion. Etc.


To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

John 16:12 (KJV) Unfolding Truths

No comments:

Post a Comment