Friday, April 05, 2024

John 17:12 (KJV) Understanding Judas

John 17:12 (KJV)

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

 

None but one.

Here is a point worth careful consideration: None of those whom God gave Jesus were lost. However, there was one who was lost. It's not a contradiction; it's not that Jesus wasn't able; it's not that Judas was saved but lost his salvation.

 

Judas provides for us a grave warning. The blood of Christ can save to the uttermost, but nowhere does the Bible promise that all are saved. There's not even a promise in the Bible that all who claim to be saved are saved. On the contrary, the Bible makes it very clear that: 

·       There will be false professors of faith. 

·       There will be deceivers and wolves among the flock of God. 

·       There will be people doing many wonderful works in the name of Jesus. 

·       There will be "virgins" who appear to be waiting for the Lord. 

These will all be rejected (Matthew 7:23 KJV):

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

 


Notice that it is not that He once knew them, but they were lost; Jesus says to them, “I NEVER knew you.”

·       The universal fatherhood of God is a scam.

·       The casual Christianity of so many is a sham.

 

We must not play games with God and play loosely with our eternal soul. Those who are saved may never be lost, but those who are lost are eternally damned. 2 Timothy 1:12 (KJV)

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

 

Are you able to say the same?

 

#EternalSecurity #FalseProfessors #GraveWarning #CasualChristianity #EternalDamnation

Understanding Judas: Playing Games with Our Soul

 

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

John 17:12 (KJV) Understanding Judas

No comments:

Post a Comment