Monday, March 15, 2010

God's Intent

Ezekiel 38:23 KJV
Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
God's intent is both to magnify and sanctify Himself

To magnify means to make large
It can apply to the Lord in a number of ways
He will make Himself large in the sense of being seen everywhere
He will make Himself large in the sense of being wonderful
He will make Himself large in the sense of His power and incontestable might


To sanctify means to be clean
Of course, God is holy, pure and clean already. But not everybody sees Him that way.

When God is through with the ages, men will look to Him and see His holiness.

The Bible says that this magnifying and sanctifying will not be only among the Jews but in the eyes of many nations. This is my heart's prayer that Christ will be lifted up and honored and that many souls from around the world will come to know Him as their Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment