Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Am For You

Ezekiel 36:9 KJV
For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown:

The subject of this passage is twice removed from where I am today:
It is speaking of Israel
It is speaking not of the people of Israel but the mountains of Israel


Yet the theme of the passage is an encouragement to me and I believe it is not improper to apply it to myself.

God says
"...behold, I am for you"
It is so needful in this ungodly world, for the Christian to remember that God is for us.
Yes, the world is against us
Yes, many of the people around us are against us
Yes, time and age is against us
Yes, sometimes the people we love the most are against us
Yes, the devil is against us


But God be praised, He is for us.

And that is enough!

God says
"...I will turn unto you"

True enough, before we were saved we were at enmity with God. Though God loved us and sent His Son to die for us, the ultimate evidence of His love, still it was as if His face was turned from us because of our sin. But we must remember that
It was He that sent His Son
It was He that convicted us of our sin and
It was He that gave us faith to believe

And when we did come to know Christ as Saviour, He turned unto us

God says
"...ye shall be tilled and sown."
It just means that we will be useful to the Lord. We will be Christ honoring and God glorifying.

Sure, there are times when we appear to be more like a barren wasteland, but God is not finished with us yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment