Friday, September 02, 2016

Proverbs 24:32 (KJV) Consider it Well

Proverbs 24:32 (KJV)
Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
I know that by the phrase “considered it well” is meant that he did so thoroughly.  However, we use the term “well” also to mean positively. I want to explore that in our thoughts just now.
The context is regarding a slothful man. It is not impossible to see one we think to be slothful and consider it only for negative reasons:
  • To belittle him
  • To lift ourselves in our own eyes
There is no good thing that can come from that.
To consider it well is to consider it for positive purposes. If I am going to look at another person’s fault I ought to do so first to be a help to him and then, to meditate upon personal lessons.
Only when we consider another’s faults for these positive purposes will we receive instruction.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Proverbs 24:32 (KJV) Consider it Well

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment