Friday, February 23, 2007

Lord; Seek Me


Psalms 119:176 KJV
I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

The Psalm begins with the words
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. (Psalms 119:1 KJV)

This is a statement of fact. Those who are undefiled and who walk in the law of the Lord are truly blessed people. But the Psalmist ends with the reality that he, as have we all, had gone astray. I am reminded of Isaiah 53:6 KJV
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
So there is not a man alive who cannot claim Psalm 119: 176 as his life verse. We have gone astray. We are lost. The best of us and those of us who seek to know the Lord the most are still gone astray.

And the answer to our problem is found right here: we need God to seek us out.
We can't find our way back to Him
We can't solve our own problems
We can't cure our own infirmities

I want to seek the face of the Lord. I try to seek the face of the Lord. But I will find the face of the Lord, when He seeks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment