Saturday, February 03, 2007

My Habitation


Psalms 71:3 KJV
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

What a descriptive way to speak of God;
As a strong habitation
As a resort and
As a fortress

David may have written this as he fled Jerusalem from Absalom's rebellion. He has lost his reign, He has lost his city and He has lost his house, but he has not lost his faith in Almighty God.

When a man's faith is in the Lord he has
A home and
A safe place, and
A place of rest and comfort
Wherever he is and whatever circumstances he might find himself in. He may find himself in a cave as David was, or in a shelter; but even there, God makes him at home in Christ. He may be facing an attack from an enemy but God provides him a refuge and safe place. He might be going through a time of emotional hurt, but God gives him a resort for comfort and rest.

1 comment:

  1. PASTOR:
    I really enjoyed this reminder of God as "a safe place to be." There have been times in my life when I lay in my bed imagining simply curling up in God's "lap" for safety and comfort. Childish, perhaps, but very soothing. Never have needed a sleeping pill.

    ReplyDelete