Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tidings




Daniel 11:44-45 KJV

But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.


This passage has both a primary and secondary application. In the primary, it speaks of Antiochus and his defeat of Jerusalem. In the secondary, it refers to the Anti-Christ and his rule in the Tribulation Period.

It could be we can make a third application to the enemies of the children of God even in our day; the world, the flesh, and the Devil.

During the Tribulation, Anti-Christ will have nearly absolute power over the earth. But there will come a day when he hears "tidings out of the east and out of the north."

These tiding may be news of Jesus' return. The Bible indicates Christ's return will be visible and gradual and it seems likely to me since Anti-Christ will gather his armies to battle against the Lord, that Christ's return may be witnessed from those on the earth for a considerable time.

The Bible does make reference to His return coming from the east and
The Bible seems to refer to heaven being in the north.


I got to thinking; I need my own enemies to receive tidings out of the east and out of the north. I need
This world that presses in upon me,
My flesh that strives to oppose the Spirit's leading in me and I need
The Devil's own oppressors in my life
To get notice that One Who lives in Heaven is coming again and that those enemies will have no help.

Christ's work in my life is so much greater than the work of the enemy that, even thou they act so furiously, there is no reason for me to fear or dread; only to trust in my everlasting Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment