Wednesday, November 28, 2007

That Sought Me Not

Romans 10:20 KJV
But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
Those that sought not and asked not refers to the Gentile people in general. Historically they were not the ones who sought a relationship with the Living God but were prone to disdain the God of the Jews, choosing rather to worship the creature; the sea the sun, various animals and gods who were half supernatural and half-human.

But more specifically, this refers to me. I did not come from a Christian background. I was not looking for a relationship with God. It was all of God that I found Him.
He placed in my heart the awareness of His reality
He placed in my path witnesses who continued to present Christ to me
He placed before me not one but many who urged me to come to the Lord Jesus Christ and
He placed in my soul the faith to trust Jesus Christ as my Saviour.

It is God's grace that saved me, though I was not seeking Him. And that moves me to serve the Lord by seeking those who are not seeking Him. There are around us men, women and young people who may not be seeking the Lord, but whom the Lord is seeking Himself. They may not be asking for the Lord and we may view them and believe it is a waste of effort to tell them about the Lord. But some of those who are not looking will find the Lord and some of them who have not been asking will see Christ when we who have already found and seen, do what God has called us to do and go to those who sought not.

No comments:

Post a Comment