Monday, January 14, 2008

New Creature?

Galatians 6:15
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

This is a passage that deserves deep and thorough thought from each of us.

It is a wonderful principle.
Salvation is not the work of the flesh. There is no good deed I must do in order to be saved. There is no choice or decision I must make. It is not an act of the will that saves. Salvation is completely a work of the grace of God in man.
The blessing here is that since it is not an act of my will, I cannot lose this salvation through a later act of my will.

But this is also a frightening principle.
Salvation is not a work of the flesh. It is not an act of the will. I cannot do anything to deserve it. I cannot wish it upon myself. If I am to be saved it must be through an act of God whereby He makes me a new creature and not just a reformed one.

I wonder how many there are in our world who believe they will go to heaven because of some choice or decision they made whenever they made it, but who are still lost because they are not new creatures?

No comments:

Post a Comment