Friday, April 18, 2008

I Appeal Only to God

Job 9:15 KJV
Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge.
Job 9:12 KJV
Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 9:20 KJV
If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Job has a better suggestion than attempting to defend himself. He knows that
Job 9:22 KJV
This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.

Job's judgment was without cause in the sense that it was not because of sin in his life. God had the perfect liberty to destroy "the perfect and the wicked."

So rather than justifying himself or trying to defend himself, he said he simply would "make my supplication to my judge." He would rest in the hands of God's perfect wisdom and trust him.

And the same would be the wisest thing for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment