Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stripped of Glory

Job 19:9 KJV
He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head.

Job's words in this chapter are almost pathetic. The man is in the depths of darkness and despair. God had stripped him of any glory he had at one time possessed and removed any sense of royal favor in his life. Job may at one time have known success, popularity, influence in the lives of others; but all of that was gone now.

He could not tell you why the Lord had allowed these things to come to pass in his life.
He could not tell you how God would choose to use all of this for His glory.

But Job ended the chapter with a statement of faith that is powerful

Job 19:25-27 KJV
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.


I contend it is a wonderful thing to be stripped of glory and removed of our crowns; so long as Christ receives all the glory and wears the only crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment