Monday, June 02, 2008

Pre-Cross Inspection

Mark 11:11 KJV
And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

This is His triumphal entry. Once the pomp was finished the Bible says Jesus "...looked around about upon all things..." before leaving the city for the night.

I see this as a kingly inspection
Jesus Christ had every right to see that everything was where it belonged. He is the legitimate king of Jerusalem.

I see this as a precursor to His crucifixion
Jesus made a last-minute check to make sure everything was in place for the most important event that would happen in human history; the cross upon which the sins of all mankind would be taken away.

I see this as perhaps a melancholy moment
Although I do not like to use that term so much with the Lord; certainly He was not depressed about what was about to happen, but surely the weight of His cross was already bearing heavily upon Him.

I see this as a touching momentI sometimes like to enter the auditorium of the church by myself and simply enjoy the quiet. I will walk through the room, touching the chairs and praying for the people who will sit in them. In many cases, I will even know the name of the person who most often sits in a particular place. Perhaps Jesus was visualizing some of the wonderful people He knew and praying for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment