Monday, July 21, 2008

He Saith True

John 19:35 KJV
And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.

One of the most miraculous things about the apostles is that they would have this sort of confidence. John says he knows what he saw and knows that what he says about what he saw and heard and experienced with Jesus Christ is true.

I wonder how many people are not so confident. Such deception fills the minds of people today. We are influenced by such worldliness that even when we "think we do God service" so much of it is merely the wishes and whims of men.

John knew what he said was true. I see the importance of having a first-hand relationship with the Lord. As a pastor, I do not want to repeat the words of some other preacher. I can't afford to mimic or rehearse some other's work. I must hear from God personally. I must spend the time with Him to know that I have a message from Him. As church members, while God has ordained preachers to help us in our faith still. There must be that personal walk.

O Lord, grant that the people I pastor may know that what they say about you is true, not just because the trust me, but because they have personally witnessed the truths!

No comments:

Post a Comment