Monday, August 25, 2008

Careful, Careful!

Isaiah 48:11 KJV
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

I do not think we could hear these words enough from the Lord, nor could we have them expressed in enough ways. We must always keep in mind this very great truth; God will not give His glory to another.

And with what damage do we, who claim to be the servants of the Lord, take upon ourselves a glory of our own? Even if we do it for the "so-called" cause of Christ, do we not rob from the Lord we claim to serve something He may choose to take back from us at huge expense?
What will be the price that is paid for building names for ourselves?
What will be the eternal cost for accepting the following of men, clouding their view of Christ alone?
What judgment is waiting when we build our kingdoms and lift our names as great among men?

If we choose a path of self-glory, even if we do it with the name of Christ as our motivation, we place ourselves in grave danger.

God said, "I will not give my glory unto another."

No comments:

Post a Comment