Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the Year

My family has ended the year in a blur of activity. December 29th marked the 25th anniversary of my ordination into the Gospel ministry. It has been a huge joy to have served the Lord these many years and I trust the Lord will allow me to continue to do so for many more. I have heard of some now who have felt as if the ministry has been a burden to them. They have changed the way they do ministry because it was so hard on them to keep the old paths. I have found my greatest joy in preserving the paths of those who have gone before me rather than wresting a ministry and twisting it into something new and strange.

This year, December 29, my oldest son, Bohannan was ordained into that same Gospel ministry. It is my prayer that he will have the grace to continue in the course which was set for him, not by his father, nor by those who sat on the ordaining council, but by our forefathers in the faith, yea, even Jesus Christ Himself.

Christmas morning we received word that my wife's dad was forced to make a very difficult choice. He required a life-saving surgery, but in the end, doctors told him he could not survive that surgery. He elected to discontinue dialysis treatments and to let his body die. My father in law drew his last breath near 10:00 pm December 27th. My wife was among those at his side. His funeral will be on January 6th, 2009.

I also received word Christmas morning that my great uncle, Larry Williamson had died that morning. Uncle Larry was as joy filled and kind of a man as I have known.

Amid it all, we had more snowfall in our neck of the woods than is normal and life slowed to a crawl pace because of it.

I was able to continue my daily walks with the Lord but was not able to record them on the blog as regularly as I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment