Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What Will We Do?

Micah 7:7-9 KJV
Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.


The chapter begins with a woe. This prophet is cast down by the circumstances of the world around him.
The good man has perished
Men hunt one another with a net
The prince and judge ask for a reward (bribe)
The great men have mischievous desires
The best and most upright are like thorns and
He could not trust a friend


Under these circumstances what is a man to do? These were dire times and it would be difficult to see a way out. What would he do?

The answer comes to us in verses 7-9.
He would look to the Lord and trust that He will hear
He would rise when he fell and let the Lord be the light in his darkness
He would bear his circumstances knowing that he is a sinner and
He would wait until God pled his cause and brought him forth to the light.


Our times are little different. I would be able to put faces and names to each of those circumstances described. I would even be able to plug myself in as the one who has sinned against God. Sure, our time is difficult; but the question has to be what will we do about it?

The Biblical answer would be to do the same thing this prophet did.

No comments:

Post a Comment