Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Preserved

Jude 1:1
Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Preserved....another verse on assurance. Perseverance of the saints should be the preservation of the saints. I have come to question whether we should press the subject of assurance. As one told me just this morning, "If God has not given them assurance they are saved, if the Holy Spirit does not witness with their spirit that they are the child of God, why should we presume to do it?" I am in complete agreement with that.

On the other hand, the Word of God is replete with passages teaching the doctrine of eternal security, or the preservation of the saint. The one who is truly born again is secure in that salvation. It can never be removed from him. He is "preserved in Jesus Christ."

Add this verse with others such as
John 10:28-29
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.


Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


2 Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

And we get the definitive Bible doctrine of eternal security of the saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment