Wednesday, February 23, 2011

He's Gone On

1 Peter 3:22 KJV
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

He is gone into heaven..

There is huge joy and assurance that having placed my faith in Christ I am saved.
• I am not saved by my good works even though I want to be known for performing them.
• I am not saved by my baptism even though the ordinance is referenced in the passage.
I am saved by Jesus Christ and His death burial and resurrection.

The assurance rests in that Jesus Christ, though having tasted death, was raised again and has gone into heaven.
• That place I look for.
• That hope I have for the eternal future
• That blessedness that God created man to experience
Jesus knows it now.

And Jesus said in John 14:3 KJV
..... where I am, there ye may be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment