Saturday, February 19, 2011

Parenting

Job 30:1-2 KJV
But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.
Yea, whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom old age was perished?

Job's description of the difficulty he faces continues as he describes the sort of young men that have surrounded him. There is a hint that maybe they were brought up poorly because Job mentions that he would not have wanted their fathers working for him.

Job's character has been such that I suspect the issue is not Job but that they were men of lesser character. They raised children who did not respect the years or experience and testimony of good men.

• Parents who raise children well will raise them to respect and learn from their elders.
• Parents who do not will see their children grow to be a curse both to society and to themselves.

Raise children to respect authority or they will grow to have no respect for their own parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment