Monday, March 14, 2011

Awe

Psalms 33:8 KJV
Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

The world is reeling this week over the news of the earthquake in Japan. I have heard that it was an 8.9 on the scale and I understand it may be the most powerful one on record. The earthquake caused tsunami waves that were devastating in Japan and even resulted in three deaths on coast of California when a group of Tsunami watchers were swept to sea.

Japan, they say, has the strictest earthquake building codes in the world and still buildings there toppled and two nuclear reactor plants are in danger of meltdown.

I know our world is repulsed by the thought of God's involvement in this, and I know some Christians will point to this as a sign that Jesus is coming soon. I do not want to make more of this than we ought but it does remind me that God is more powerful than the greatest of man's inventions and, if the strictest building codes in the world could not withstand this earthquake, no multitude of men will prevent God's will.

Let all the world stand in awe of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment