Friday, March 11, 2011

Never Too Late

Revelation 3:19-20 KJV
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

There are several understandings of how the letters to the seven churches apply.
They were letters to literal churches of the day
The message must first be seen in light of what they meant to those churches.

They may used describe a particular type of church in any era
There have always been churches like each of these churches.

The spirit of each of these churches might be found in any one church
Every church can take a lesson from each letter.

They are thought to represent seven eras of church history ending with an apostate church when Christ comes.
Although the fourth is the most speculative and least authoritative of the applications it has merit because the nature of the book of the Revelation is prophetic.

In my opinion each of the four applications has validity. However we apply them there is this word of encouragement: though Christ had nothing positive to say about the church in Laodicea, He did say He was at their door and He did say he would accept their repentance.

Praise the Lord, it is never too late to repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment