Friday, April 15, 2011

Separation

Psalms 101:3 KJV

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

As unpopular as the subject is today, the Bible is clear that Christians are to be a separated people. Separation involves three clear realms

Personal, as I repent and put off former sins, activities and even persons (they think it strange) that are harmful to my relationship with the Lord.

Ecclesiastical, as I seek out a church that is unique from this world. It is obvious historically and Biblically that not all that claims to be a church is of God. A true church will be separate from what is not.

Governmental, while Christians are to be good citizens and participation in things that influence government is certainly within the scope of Christian endeavor (though I would be careful not to call in Christian service or ministry) there is and should always be a distinction between church and state.

Choosing friendships and relationships that can help us in our walk with the Lord and then restricting those relationships that would hinder that walk; that is separation and that is Biblical.

No comments:

Post a Comment