Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Don't Need Much to do Much

Mark 8:19-20 KJV
When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.
And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.

There is nothing in the Scriptures that is there without purpose. And when something is repeated in the Bible it is generally of great importance. So that Christ performed a very similar miracle twice is very significant.

In the first place it teaches me to study the events of the Gospels carefully.
There are a number of events that are repeated in the various Gospels. But there are some events that were repeated by the Lord. A variation in the event could be because it is a different event or because it is the same event seen through different eyes.

Secondly there is the issue of feeding the multitudes.
I am reminded that God can take care of me. Though I may have few resources in this world, yet God is able to meet my needs as He pleases.
And I am reminded that I need little of this world's resources in order to make a difference in this world. I only need to be willing to let God bless what I do have and give it away in an orderly fashion. He will take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment