Wednesday, September 02, 2015

1 Samuel 2:34-36 (KJV) Failing God’s Perfect Will

1 Samuel 2:34-36 (KJV)
And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests’ offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.
The primary interpretation of this passage is toward the family of Eli. He, not being man enough to discipline his sons and they, not being moral enough to do the right thing in the tabernacle, were to be judged by death and their families to suffer with no purpose in life.
  • To fail from the will of God may well leave a person empty, never feeling like they fulfill any place again. 
  • To treat God’s place lightly, and to lose the right to that place could leave a person broken and hungry for the rest of their lives. 
We may rejoice that there is, when we fail from the perfect will of God, a good and an acceptable will of God. I have witnessed countless numbers of Christians who enjoy great happiness and fulfillment in them.
But I have also known them well enough to know that they grieve that they failed in God’s perfect will.


1 Samuel 2:34-36 (KJV) Failing God’s Perfect Will

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment