Friday, March 25, 2016

Colossians 2:20 (KJV) Are You?

Colossians 2:20 (KJV)
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
There are two “ifs” in the book of Colossians that every serious believer ought to take very careful consideration of:
  • “…if ye be dead with Christ…”
  • “If ye then be risen with Christ…”
Both of these phrases can be viewed as statements rather than questions. It would sound something like,  “Since ye …” The context, some would insist, requires that they are statements of fact. I prefer to think that, since the Bible uses the word “if” there is at least some level of doubt and a wise believer asks himself whether these are true of him.
Are you dead with Christ?Paul said,
Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
I am crucified with Christ: …. (I will get to the rest of the verse in a moment).
There are numerous other references to the fact that the Christian is dead in Christ. It is a positional fact. My question is this; is it a practical truth in your life? Death implies a number of things about the one who has died. Are they true of you?
Are you risen with Christ?Now we see the rest of,
Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
… nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Can you say that this is your experience? Are you dead to your old self but alive to a new self? Has the death of Christ on the cross so smitten and slain you that you cannot ignore its reality? Are you drawn to the cross of Christ and to the consequences of it? And, having come to the cross, are you now compelled to make an about face in heart, mind and action?
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Colossians 2:20 (KJV)  Are You?

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment