Sunday, July 17, 2016

Matthew 21:28-31 (KJV) Be The First

Matthew 21:28-31 (KJV)
But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. 
It would be pretty difficult not to see where this parable leads. Jesus is contrasting the Gentiles with Israel. Israel is that son who pretended to do the will of God but did not; from the Gentiles comes the son who, though at the first rebels, then repents and does God’s will.
I notice in a parable further down the chapter Jesus said, Matthew 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
It is not the Gentile nations that are given the kingdom. It is one new nation comprised of both Jews and Gentiles. It is that holy nation of faith in Christ.
Back to the first parallel, I want to be the first son. Mind you, I wished it were not true that I had rebelled at first but that is what I did. The Bible assures me that I am not the only one but that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” That includes the Jew if he will admit it. Having seen my rebellious nature I repented and asked Christ to forgive and to save me.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Matthew 21:28-31 (KJV) Be The First

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment