Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Exodus 15:2 (KJV) God Gave A Song

Exodus 15:2 (KJV)
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Surveying the defeat of the Egyptians at the Red Sea and reflecting upon how it was accomplished, Moses and the people burst into singing (I imagine that Moses composed the song under inspiration of the Holy Spirit and then taught it to the people. The power of music is how quickly we can learn it). The opening statement gives a threefold alliteration. God was their:
  • Strength 
  • Song and had become their
  • Salvation 
The salvation referenced is not from sin.[1] This is deliverance from a trial. Salvation, in reference to sin, is more accurately represented in the Passover.
Saved people find strength in God. He steels our emotions. He encourages us in hardship. His Word gives hope in our darkness. We are weak but He is strong. When we have God’s strength we find it easier to sing. Though there are always hurdles to overcome our faith finds reasons to rejoice.
And as we walk our path in this life, strengthened by His might and rejoicing with the song He puts in our hearts, we invariably witness again and again how He defeats our enemies.
[1] Though 1 Corinthians 10 draws a very tight correlation.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit http://bit.ly/18XDiAs. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Exodus 15:2 (KJV) God Gave A Song

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment