Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Nehemiah 6:1-3 (KJV) "I Cannot Come Down"

Nehemiah 6:1-3 (KJV)
Now it came to pass, when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;)That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief.And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?
The difference is subtle and one could argue unimportant. Someone might even say it is only a matter of perception.
  • Sanballat, and Geshem said, “Come let us meet together.”
  • Nehemiah said, “I cannot come down.”
The enemies saw themselves as equals. Nehemiah saw them as inferiors.
At the very least, Nehemiah saw the position of the believers as higher than that of the unbelievers.
One of the great devices of Satan, and one that is frequently employed right now, is that of elevating the many religions and, indeed, no religion at all to the same place as Christianity. To imply that the Christian faith is a better faith, a higher faith, or even more true than a different faith is tantamount to hate speech these days.
And a good number of nominal Christians are buying it. Men like Rick Warren of Saddleback Church in California have suckered multitudes of churches to come together with Muslims. Hundreds of independent Baptist pastors read, quote and follow the teachings John Maxwell, RC Sproul, Max Lucado and other like them.
We are losing perspective as Baptists. We are coming down to the level of Protestants. And, in doing so, we are lessening the value of the work we do, even if we think we are doing more work.

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4200 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Nehemiah 6:1-3 (KJV) "Cannot Come Down"

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment