Sunday, March 31, 2019

John 18:1-2 (KJV) If The Enemy Looked For Us?


John 18:1-2 (KJV)
When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.
And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples.

One of the first two families I ministered to, the husband was a Vietnam Veteran. I do not know what he was like previous to his service, but I do know that he returned disturbed. He and I would often make visits or other short trips together and, whenever he was the driver, I noticed he took the wildest, most winding routes everywhere we went. He said it was because of his military experience. He never wanted to become predictable. He never wanted a potential enemy to find a routine or pattern in his life. After every church service I would shake his hand and say to him, “See you…” and then name the next service time. His response was always an indefinite. Though he came to every service all of the years I was his pastor, he would never commit to coming. 

Jesus was different. He had habits and routines and places He was wont to frequent. People knew that, if He was in an area, He would likely be found in one of those places. He oft-times resorted to the garden at Gethsemane. It was so often, in fact, that Judas knew exactly where to find Him. Jesus, knowing He would be betrayed by a friend, still went where He would always go. A place to pray and worship. 

I wonder, if the enemy of Christ looked for us, 
  • Would he find us in that place we always worship? 
  • Would he find us in our regular place of prayer? 
  • Would He find us in the house of God, the local church, He fitted us to be part of?


To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4500 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

John 18:1-2 (KJV) If The Enemy Looked For Us?

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment