Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Acts 25:11 (KJV) Regardless The Consequences


Acts 25:11 (KJV)
For if I be an offender, or have committed any thing worthy of death, I refuse not to die: but if there be none of these things whereof these accuse me, no man may deliver me unto them. I appeal unto Caesar.
I think it was John R. Rice claimed that this whole mess was created by Paul’s own refusal to obey the Spirit and leave the Jews to themselves. Had he, according to what I think I remember Rice preaching, to stuck to his calling, he would not have been in this fix. 
As it was Paul was stuck between two bad choices:
  • He could return to Jerusalem where he was sure to die
  • He could appeal to Caesar where he did eventually die
To trust his life to a corrupt religious system or to appeal to a wicked worldly system.
What a choice.
I was reminded recently of the experienced hiker who, in order to save his own life, purposely broke his arm bone and cut his arm off. The man who related to incident used it as an example of man’s solution rather than God’s. I am not sure that is a fair representation. I think of Paul. It feels like appealing to Caesar was “man’s solution.” Even Festus and Agrippa would later opine that it was a shame he had done that. I don’t see an alternative. 
What I do see is that God used it. Paul survives many more years. Though a prisoner, he was able to: 
  • Witness to countless more souls 
  • Influence the world through Rome and 
  • Write many of the New Testament epistles 
Who knows what might have happened had he never gone to Jerusalem in the first place? Who knows what might have happened had he agreed to return and be tried in Jerusalem? What we do know is that he remained faithful to Christ until death. 
Follow God’s leadership. Do what you, to the best of your understanding, believe to be God’s will. And then be faithful to God regardless the consequences. 
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4500 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Acts 25:11 (KJV) Regardless The Consequences

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment