Thursday, January 28, 2021

Genesis 33:10 (KJV) So Both Are Blessed

Genesis 33:10 (KJV)

And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me.

Jacob says of Esau that, in this case, he had seen his face as though it were the face of God. Esau was not God but, perhaps, can represent Him for this lesson. 

He had enough. He didn’t need or desire Jacob’s gifts. 
This, of course, is true of God. His love and His favor cannot be purchased.

He had already found pleasure with Jacob
Though he was, at one time, at enmity, that enmity was settled when Jacob came home.

Though Esau did not require a gift, Jacob insisted on giving it
God does not need our offerings. This is no reason to withhold them from God. 


It would be healthy if churches behaved as Esau did here, and if church members behaved like Jacob. Churches should avoid the spirit of need. We should steward God’s blessings in such a way that we are not in need, or at least don’t put on the air of need. On the other hand, the people of God ought to give generously and bountifully. In this way, the church’s storehouse is full, the need of the church is supplied, and both receiver and giver are blessed. 

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Genesis 33:10 (KJV) So Both Are Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment