Saturday, January 29, 2022

Psalms 119:148 When I Can’t Sleep

Psalms 119:148 (KJV)

Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

There is a balance in everything. The same Psalmist has also assured us that God gives His beloved sleep.[1]

I am thankful that, in all my years in ministry, sleeplessness and restlessness have not been a struggle for me. I can sleep just about any time.[2]


That said, I admit to experiencing sleepless night from time to time. Most recently, during the first months of 2020, just prior to the beginning of the COVID-19 fiasco, I found myself awaking every night, or nearly so, just after midnight. I took that as an indicator from God to pray. I specifically began to pray for revival. I asked God to do something unknown before, not manageable by us and even, if necessary, uncomfortable to us, that we might be led toward revival.

I do not know that God specifically answered my prayer, especially for revival. I will say that I am not confident most of us would recognize a God sent revival if one did happen.

I can say this, when God prevents our sleep, it is a good time to pray.


[1] Psalms 127:2 (KJV)
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

[2] Just for fun, I started playing with a Dr. Suess type rhyme and sleep
I’ve never had trouble getting sleep. 

I can sleep here, I can sleep there
I can sleep just about anywhere

I can sleep on a train, I can sleep on a plane
I can sleep on the water, I can sleep on the terrain

I can sleep near, I can sleep far
I can even sleep in a car

I can sleep cold, I can sleep hot
For me a problem, sleeping is not.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5500 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Psalms 119:148 When I Can’t Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment