Tuesday, November 29, 2022

1 Peter 3:6 (KJV) The Same Truth in Both

1 Peter 3:6 (KJV)

Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

As a very young pastor, I remember this text coming up in many conversations. Perhaps it was because people tested me to see if I stood on the Word. Some might have hoped they could break me so that I would permit them to compromise the Word. It might also just have been that I was a young married and attracted mostly young marrieds into our church. At any rate, it seems like it hasn’t been an issue for me to address for many years.

It is so settled in my mind that I could be tempted to see it as insignificant.


But it is significant. The roles of the husband and the wife are clearly defined in the Old Testament and the New. The husband is to be the head of the home – even if he is the spiritual head. No other model for marriage will work.

Incidentally, my Old Testament reading began today with, Numbers 30:13 (KJV) 
Every vow, and every binding oath to afflict the soul, her husband may establish it, or her husband may make it void.

Nothing changed between the Jews of the Old Testament and the Christians of the New. Those who believe and obey God’s Word see the same truth found in both.

By the way, and to the point I wish to make, this principle carries forward. It’s true not only of the subject of marriage but that of every doctrine of the Bible. The whole Bible, rightly divided, is profitable to all.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

1 Peter 3:6 (KJV) The Same Truth in Both

No comments:

Post a Comment