Friday, December 01, 2023

Isaiah 18:4 (KJV) Almighty Stillness

Isaiah 18:4 (KJV)
For so the LORD said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

 

John Gill writes of this passage, “these are not the words of the prophet, … but of the Lord himself, signifying that he would, as he always did, enjoy himself, amidst all the commotions that were in the world…”

 

And there were commotions in the world.

·       Syria and Israel threatening Judah

·       Assyria would take them down

·       Babylon would take Assyria down

·       Medo-Persians would take Babylon down

·       God would use Cyrus to then return Judah to Jerusalem.

It seems to me our current world situations have nothing on the world of Isaiah’s time (except that it was so long ago we can pretend it has no bearing on our lives).

 

Gill goes on to write, “or rather that he would be still and quiet, and as one asleep and at rest, that took no notice of what was doing, nor interpose between parties preparing for war, and laying schemes for the ruin of each other; not help the one nor hinder the other, but let them go on a while with their designs…”

 

God gives men the opportunity to do as they please. He, as it were, sits back to allow men to come to the end of their own ideas. This should not be interpreted to mean that He does not care or that He is unable. He, as the Almighty, is content to let sin have its course. But He has a plan to bring even that course to a perfect conclusion.

 

An atheist argued recently, “If God exists, He should have a way to convince me He exists without interfering with my free will.” The atheist was correct and God does. To date the atheist refuses to accept God’s plan. God is content to allow this man “to go on a while with [his] designs.”

 

But God won’t be content with that forever. One day, I believe very soon, God will convince this atheist. Unless he repents before that day, our atheist friend will not be pleased with the outcome.

 

Since God is at rest and content today, I can be as well. It does not mean I have no care, for I am called to speak out for the Lord. It does mean I can be content to give every individual the liberty to do as they wish with the truths I have proclaimed to them.

 

#DivineContentment #WorldCommotions #GodsPerfectPlan #FreeWillJourney #DivineRestAndIntervention #Isaiah

Almighty Stillness: God's Approach to Human Designs

 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Isaiah 18:4 (KJV) Almighty Stillness

No comments:

Post a Comment