Sunday, May 19, 2024

Nahum 1:11 (KJV) Moral Contradiction

Nahum 1:11 (KJV)

There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the LORD, a wicked counsellor.


I recently was called ignorant because I am conservative in matters of morality. I do not believe I am ignorant. I believe rather that I find my “truth” in a different source than less conservative people.


This same contradiction of sources existed in Nahum’s time. One the one hand there was the truth of God held by Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem. On the other was the “truth” held by Sennecherab and Rabshekah, his general. It appeared that the Ninevites and Assyrians were right because they held the upper hand. They had the city of Jerusalem besieged. They had already defeated many other nations and, with them, their gods. They were confident they could “preach” to the citizens of Jerusalem a new found form of peace. They were so confident that they mocked the old ways of men like Hezekiah and Isaiah, the prophet. 



They were wrong. Not only did they not take Jerusalem, but they were slain by their own people and, in the end, conquered by another nation - Babylon. 


Christians are not ignorant, unaware, of the new and popular lifestyles and the changes in moral norms they have produced. But it could be that those who have embraced these new forms of morality are ignorant of the truths God gives us in the Bible. 


#GodsTruthPrevails #BiblicalMorality #FaithOverFads #ConservativeChristian #ScripturalWisdom

Moral Contradictions: The Clash of Moral Perspectives


To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6300 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Nahum 1:11 (KJV) Moral Contradiction

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:37 PM

    Thank you Preacher for sticking to the old paths. It means there are at least two of us. Amem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvin10:42 AM

      God bless you for commenting.

      Delete