Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Genesis 4:16 (KJV) From Eden to Eternity

 

Genesis 4:16 (KJV)

And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

 

As I read this my mind went to Psalms 139:7 (KJV)

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

 

David’s conclusion was that there is no place a man can go to escape the presence of God. But then David did not want to. My conclusion, then, is that escaping the presence of the Lord is a matter of the soul and spirit. If one feels alone, away from God, it is his own doing. Conversely, if one wishes to enter into the presence of the Lord, He is there all the time.

 

The atheist will argue to the Christian that the burden to prove God is ours. They believe that since they can’t see God, then for us to claim God exists is our problem. 

 

The fact is, 

I see God every day, everywhere. 

All I have to do is open my eyes. He is everywhere. I see Him in the mountains and rivers. I see Him in the cycles of nature. I see Him in the complexity of life.

 

I hear God every time I listen. 

The wind, the words of others, the thoughts of the spirit, the Word of God all speak to me of the Lord.  

 

I benefit from God every day. 

He answers prayer. He guides my decisions. He meets my needs. He protects me.  

 


The atheist sees, hears, and experiences the very same things. "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust" (Matthew 5:45, KJV). He sees, but he chooses not to see God. He hears, but he chooses not to hear God. He benefits, but he chooses not to give God the glory.  

 

·    Cain went out from the presence of the Lord.  

·   David never could leave the presence of the Lord.  

 

God is always present. It’s a matter of choice whether we acknowledge Him.

 

#PresenceOfGod #SeeingGodEverywhere #DivineGuidance #FaithAndChoice #GodInNature

From Eden to Eternity: God's Presence Everyday

 

Call to Action

  • How have you experienced the presence of God in your daily life?

  • Let’s choose to live in constant awareness and gratitude for His unending presence.

👉 Join our community in studying God’s Word and strengthening your faith.

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Genesis 4:16 (KJV) From Eden to Eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment