Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Is Charity All That?

1 Corinthians 13:1 KJV
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

As I write this I am in Oklahoma City attending and preaching at a conference for Pastor Rick Carter and Beth Haven Baptist Church. Pastor Carter wrote the material for H. elping O. thers P. ut off E. ntaglements Addiction Recovery Program. I am here preaching at their first annual H.O.P.E. conference.

When I woke up this morning I read this passage of Scripture and jotted down n a piece of paper, "Is Charity All That?" and left for the morning sessions. During those sessions Pastor Carter brought up the following verses:

2 Peter 1:7-8 KJV
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:14 KJV
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

John 13:35 KJV
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Yes! Charity is all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment