Monday, February 13, 2017

Lamentations 3:1 (KJV) Do the Good Thing

Lamentations 3:1 (KJV)
I am the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath.
I believe Jeremiah.
I do not believe he was the only man who had seen affliction by the rod of His wrath.  But I do believe he was uniquely called of God to suffer. I also believe that the reason for this calling was to serve as an example.
Jeremiah presented, in this chapter:
  • A litany of troubles followed by 
  • A list of good things and returned to 
  • A load of burden 
What is good, is good even in the midst of trouble.
It might seem like there is a good excuse to do something other than the good thing when everything seems bad. Don’t buy it. Good is good all the time.
Therefore do the good thing.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3700 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Lamentations 3:1 (KJV) Do the Good Thing

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment