Friday, August 04, 2017

Genesis 39:19-20 (KJV) Thinking As a Father

Genesis 39:19-20 (KJV)
And it came to pass, when his master heard the words of his wife, which she spake unto him, saying, After this manner did thy servant to me; that his wrath was kindled.And Joseph’s master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.
It occurred to me that, as Joseph endured these many years of trouble, his father continued on, believing him to be dead. The death of a loved one is something we don’t really get over but with time, we do learn to move passed.
Jacob must have moved on with his life though we know from the Biblical account that he never got over the loss of Joseph.
It might be considered a mercy that Jacob never knew of the trials his favorite son was suffering. As a parent I know that I suffer through every difficulty my boys suffer (at least those ones they tell me about). Jacob was spared the pain of thinking of his son as a slave and then as falsely accused and then as a prisoner.
But as a father, I know, he would have much more desired knowing his boy was alive and suffering than to go on believing him to be dead.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit Bible Baptist Church of Puyallup.

Genesis 39:19-20 (KJV) Thinking As a Father

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment